Little Miss Scary burst out laughing. And as you most probably know, it is very difficult to be scary when you are laughing.
There be no rules on my mighty ship!
–Pi-Rat by Maxine Lee
Al went over to his desk, took out two pencils and handed one to me. “So Prince Teodoro,” he said, with a smile as big as Saturn, “wanna fly?”
–Al and Teddy by Neil Waldman
Gloria gave Officer Buckle a big kiss on the nose. Officer Buckle gave Gloria a nice pat on the back. Then, Officer Buckle thought of his best safety tip yet…
Safety Tip #101: Always Stick With your Buddy!
–Officer Buckle and Gloria by Peggy Rathmann
Notes of interest:
- June is National Safety Month!
- This book was awarded a Caldecott Medal in 1996. More winning titles are found on the Amazon.com Caldecott Medal list.
- Dogs are trained to work with many branches of law enforcement, including local Police and the FBI
- Other working dogs trained to help and protect include assistance dogs and reading dogs.
- These Amazon.com listing provide many more children’s books about assistance dogs, police dogs, working dogs and farm dogs.
–Peter and the Seal by Rick de Haas
Mina lived a few doors down from the pet shop. Every day she heard the neighbors complain about the bad smell and terrible cries of the unhappy animals, but no one was brave enough to complain about the terrifying owner…Once the animals were all together, Mina opened the door and they ran in a great stampede of fur and feathers across the rumbling bridge.
–The Pet Shop Revolution by Ana Juan